CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £24.99Trending at £42.46
- £8.95Trending at £9.95
- £17.19Trending at £17.84
- £24.93Trending at £25.93
- £11.71Trending at £12.84
- £19.79Trending at £27.15
- £7.66Trending at £9.93
About this product
- DescriptionExamines how science and scientists influence policy-making, using the examples of eugenics, Keynesian economics and climate policy.
- Author BiographyReiner Grundmann is Chair of Science and Technology Studies at the University of Nottingham. He has published in journals such as New Left Review, The British Journal of Sociology, Current Sociology, the Journal of Classical Sociology, Science, Technology and Human Values, and Public Understanding of Science. His book publications include Marxism and Ecology (1991), Transnational Environmental Policy (2001) and Experts: The Knowledge and Power of Expertise (with Nico Stehr, 2011). Nico Stehr is Karl Mannheim Professor of Cultural Studies at the Zeppelin University, Friedrichshafen, Germany and Director of the European Centre for Sustainability Research at his university. His recent publications include: Who owns Knowledge: Knowledge and the Law with Bernd Weiler (2008), Knowledge and Democracy (2008), Society: Critical Concepts in Sociology with Reiner Grundmann (2008), Climate and Society with Hans von Storch (2010) and Experts: The Knowledge and Power of Expertise with Reiner Grundmann (2011).
- Author(s)Nico Stehr,Reiner Grundmann
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication16/08/2012
- GenrePolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note6 b/w illus. 5 tables
- Weight500 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.