Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.50Trending at £4.84
- £5.42Trending at £5.51
- £14.90Trending at £16.98
- £9.16Trending at £9.52
- £18.40Trending at £19.00
- £13.65Trending at £14.10
- £7.69Trending at £9.98
About this product
- DescriptionRecounts the history and events that demonstrate just what lengths people go to for their companion animals and why. This book describes studies focused on animal intelligence, loyalty, and sensitivity. It also explains how losing a pet can shake or shatter mental stability and the phenomena of public services, funerals, and cemeteries for pets.
- Author BiographyP. Elizabeth Anderson is a national award-winning author and journalist with more than 17 years experience in clinical research and 30 years in activities to promote and protect companion animals. She has written for publications of Duke University Medical Center, the National Institutes of Health, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the U.S. Public Health Service. Prior to writing this book, she was a writer and editor for the Humane Society of the United States. She co-authored an earlier book, Emotional Longevity, with her husband, Dr. Norman B. Anderson, CEO of the American Psychological Association.
- Author(s)P. Elizabeth Anderson
- Date of Publication01/01/2008
- GenrePets & Equine
- Series TitleSex, Love and Psychology
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Note33 b&w illustrations
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Foreword byNorman B. Anderson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.