Best-selling in Politics & Government
Save on Politics & Government
- £7.12Trending at £10.02
- £11.43Trending at £15.03
- £10.20Trending at £12.98
- £14.98Trending at £21.44
- £28.89Trending at £30.68
About this product
- DescriptionThe Problem of Democracy is the first of Alain de Benoist's booklength political works to appear in English. De Benoist shows how democracy is, contrary to what some critics have claimed, something which has been a part of our civilisation from the beginning.
- Author BiographyAlain de Benoist is the leading thinker of the European 'New Right' movement, a school of political thought founded in France in 1968 with the establishment of GRECE (Research and Study Group for European Civilisation). To this day he remains its primary representative, even while rejecting the label 'New Right' for himself. An ethnopluralist defender of cultural uniqueness and integrity, he has argued for the right of Europeans to retain their identity in the face of multiculturalism, and he has opposed immigration, while still preferring the preservation of native cultures over the forced assimilation of immigrant groups. He has authored dozens of books and essays on topics such as immigration, religion, philosophy and political theory. In 1978, he received the Grand Prix de l'Essai from the Academie Francaise for his book Vu de droite [View from the Right].
- Author(s)Alain de Benoist,Tomislav Sunic
- PublisherArktos Media
- Date of Publication27/01/2011
- GenreGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArktos Media
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight273 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edited byJohn Black Morgan
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
- Edition StatementFirst English ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.