Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £8.13Trending at £8.90
- £26.30Trending at £27.79
- £7.47Trending at £7.71
- £8.23Trending at £11.99
- £8.30Trending at £8.66
About this product
- Author(s)Gerard Guthrie
- Date of Publication16/10/2014
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Note5 black & white tables, biography
- Weight450 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Table Of ContentsFOREWORD.- References.- PREFACE.- References.- Educational Bibliography.- SECTION 1: OLD CONJECTURES.- CHAPTER 1: THE PROGRESSIVE EDUCATION FALLACY.- CHAPTER 2: FORMALISM IN DEVELOPING COUNTRIES. - CHAPTER 3: STAGES OF EDUCATIONAL DEVELOPMENT?.- CHAPTER 4: TEACHER RESISTANCE TO CHANGE.- CHAPTER 5 CLASSROOM TEACHING AND SCHOOL EFFECTIVENESS.- SECTION 2: REFUTATIONS.- CHAPTER 6 FORMALISTIC SCHOOLING SYSTEM IN PAPUA NEW GUINEA.- CHAPTER 7: FAILURE OF PROGRESSIVE REFORMS IN PNG.- CHAPTER 8: CULTURAL CONTINUITIES AND FORMALISM IN PNG.- CHAPTER 9: FORMALISTIC TRADITIONS IN CHINA.- SECTION 3: NEW CONJECTURES.- CHAPTER 10: EDUCATION IN CULTURAL CONTEXTS.- CHAPTER 11: GROUNDED EDUCATIONAL CHOICES.- CHAPTER 12: IN FAVOUR OF FORMALISM.- INDEX.
- Author BiographyDr Gerard Guthrie is an educationalist with 40 years experience. His career has had two main parts. As an academic, he has been a staff member of four universities in Australia and Papua New Guinea, including as Foundation Professsor of Education at the University of Goroka. As an Australian governmental aid official, he held management positions involving training, corporate management, aid delivery in China and Africa, and rural development. He has also worked as a consultant for AusAID and the World Bank in Asia, Africa and the South Pacific. Dr Guthrie has a wide background in development and practice and in social science research, which he has applied primarily to education in developing countries, particularly teaching and teacher education.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.