All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDocuments Brinckle's life and a 2006 traveling exhibition which showcased his custom built theater with the actual structure, videos, and photograps.
- Author BiographyKendall Messick is a photographer and filmmaker. His documentary films have been featured in numerous film festivals. His photographs reside in the permanent collections of the Museum of Modern Art and the Smithsonian Institution. Brooke Davis Anderson is the founding director and curator of the Contemporary Center at the American Folk Art Museum, New York. Anderson's memorable projects at the Museum have included countless exhibitions devoted to the self-taught artist Henry Darger, as well as Obsessive Drawing, Dargerism: Contemporary Artists and Henry Darger and Approaching Abstraction. In 2007-2008 she organized the exhibition, Martin Ramirez, which was accompanied by a publication and toured the United States receiving wide acclaim. She has written and lectured extensively on American art, in particular in African American art and the work of contemporary self-taught artists and has contributed to numerous catalogues and monographs, including Henry Darger, New York (Prestel, 2009) and Martin Ramirez: The Last Works (Pomegranate, 2008).
- Author(s)Kendall Messick
- PublisherPrinceton Architectural Press
- Date of Publication25/08/2010
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton Architectural Press
- Content Note186 Colour
- Weight885 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Engineering & Technology
Save on Engineering & Technology
- £36.77Trending at £68.23
- £17.89Trending at £22.50
- £31.75Trending at £48.00
- £29.64Trending at £34.83
- £17.02Trending at £17.23
- £13.25Trending at £15.95
- £64.95Trending at £81.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.