All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis authoritative handbook provides unparalleled coverage of how sport psychology can be practically applied to individual sports. The book is divided into two parts. The first gives an introduction to working with athletes and deals with the basic concepts that sports psychologists must take into account when they begin working with athletes.
- Author BiographyDr Joaquin Dosil is a professor at the University of Vigo in Northwest Spain and head of the doctoral course: Current Perspectives of Physical Activity and Sport Psychology . His areas of research interest include peak performance in different sports, eating disorders in sport, cyberpsychology of sport, and referees' sport psychology. He is a foundation member and the current President of the Ibero-American Society of Sport Psychology (SIPD), as well as a member of the International Society of Sport psychology. He is on the editorial board for the two most important sport psychology journals in Spain, along with various sport science reviews. Dr Dosil is the Director of a sport psychology unit in Santiago de Compostela, where he attends athletes and sport teams from various modalities and levels. In particular he works with many Olympic athletes, golfers, world-leading motorcyclists and tennis players, while directing psychological programmes with various professional football and basketball teams. He has published 11 sport psychology books-most notably, the leading text in the Hispanic world: Psicologia de la Actividad Fisica y del Deporte (Psychology of Physical Activity and Sport), published by McGraw-Hill-and has produced over 70 articles and chapters. Professor Dosil frequently participates as a lecturer in international and national congresses, master's and doctoral degree programmes. He is an avid runner, specialising in distance events, particularly the half-marathon. In his free time, he enjoys spending time with his wife (Olaia), family and friends, as well as practicing surfing, beach volley, football, basketball and tennis.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication11/11/2005
- GenrePsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight1198 g
- Width167 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Edited byJoaquin Dosil
Best-selling in Psychology & Help
Save on Psychology & Help
- £5.97Trending at £6.28
- £4.18Trending at £4.49
- £10.72Trending at £11.99
- £10.61Trending at £11.64
- £6.54Trending at £7.99
- £5.27Trending at £5.78
- £5.83Trending at £7.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.