Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £25.09
- £9.22Trending at £10.99
- £19.99Trending at £23.80
- £30.79Trending at £33.99
- £21.79Trending at £22.04
- £28.00Trending at £30.23
- £16.99Trending at £18.58
About this product
- DescriptionWhy should governments invest public money funding research into ancient Greek tragedy or philosophical conundrums? Does such research deliver 'value for money' and 'public benefit'? In this book a group of distinguished humanities researchers reflect on the public value of their discipline, using particular research projects as case-studies.
- Author BiographyJonathan Bate is Professor of Shakespeare and Renaissance Literature at the University of Warwick, a Fellow of the British Academy and a Governor of the Royal Shakespeare Company. His books include Shakespeare and Ovid (1993); John Clare: A Biography (2003) - winner of the 2004 Hawthornden Prize and the 2005 James Tait Black Memorial prize for biography; The Genius of Shakespeare (1997); and Soul of the Age: The Life, Mind and World of William Shakespeare (2009). He was the editor of the Arden edition of Shakespeare's Titus Andronicus (1995).
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication27/01/2011
- Series TitleThe Wish List
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight543 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byJonathan Bate
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.