All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Edgar A. Levenson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/10/2016
- GenrePsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitlePsychoanalysis in a New Key Book Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white line drawings
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byAlan Slomowitz
- Table Of ContentsAcknowledgments by Edgar Levenson Foreword, by Donnel Stern, Ph.D.. Preface, by Alan Slomowitz, Ph.D. Introduction 1 Changing Concepts of Intimacy in Psychoanalytic Practice 2 A Holographic Model of Psychoanalytic Change 3 Psychoanalysis: Cure or Persuasion? 4 General Systems Theory: Model or Muddle? 5 A Perspective on Responsibility 6 Language and Healing 7 More Different Than Alike: Speculations on the Uniqueness of the Psychoanalytic Experience 8 Facts or Fantasies: On the Nature of Psychoanalytic Data 9 Follow the Fox: An Inquiry into the Vicissitudes of Psychoanalytic Supervision 10 Playground or Playpen 11 Harry Stack Sullivan: The Web and the Spider 12 The Interpersonal (Sullivanian) Model 13 An Interpersonal Perspective 14 The Purloined Self 15 The Pursuit of the Particular: On the Psychoanalytic Inquiry 16 Show and Tell: The Recursive Order of Transference 17 Real Frogs in Imaginary Gardens: Facts and Fantasies in Psychoanalysis 18 Whatever Happened to the Cat? Interpersonal Perspectives on the Self 19 Character, Personality, and the Politics of Change Bibliography of Edgar A. Levenson, M. D.
- Author BiographyEdgar A. Levenson is Fellow Emeritus, Training, Supervisory Analyst and Faculty at the William Alanson White Institute. He is Adjunct Clinical Professor of Psychology at the NYU Graduate Studies Division, Honorary Fellow at the Postgraduate Center for Mental Health, Honorary Member of the American Psychoanalytic Association, Life Fellow of the American Academy of Psychoanalysis, and Distinguished Life Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association. Winner of the 2006 Mary S. Sigourney Award, he is author of over one hundred and ten publications, including Fallacy of Understanding (1972) and The Ambiguity of Change (1983). Alan Slomowitz, Ph.D., is a graduate of the Division I program in Psychoanalysis at the William Alanson White Institute. He is a Supervisor of Psychotherapy at the White Institute, on the Editorial Board of Contemporary Psychoanalysis, and the Internet Editor of the Contemporary Psychoanalysis in Action blog. Dr. Slomowitz is in private practice in New York City.
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.83Trending at £13.32
- £12.75Trending at £20.23
- £40.35Trending at £41.19
- £30.00Trending at £43.08
- £18.73Trending at £19.67
- £16.27Trending at £16.46
- £30.19Trending at £33.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.