All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChildhood at Alconleigh is scanty preparation for the realities of the outside world and Linda, sweetest and most aimless of the young Radletts, falls prey to a stuffy banker and a rabid communist before she finds her ideal in a Frenchman.
- Author BiographyNancy Mitford (1904-1973) was born in London, the eldest child of the second Baron Redesdale. Her childhood in a large remote country house with her five sisters and one brother is recounted in the early chapters of The Pursuit of Love (1945), which according to the author, is largely autobiographical. After the war she moved, with her husband, to Paris where she lived for the rest of her life. She followed the success of The Pursuit of Love with Love in a Cold Climate (1949) The Blessing (1951) and Don't Tell Alfred (1960), published together in Penguin as The Nancy Mitford Omnibus. She also wrote four works of biography; Madame de Pompadour, first published to great acclaim in 1954, Voltaire in Love, The Sun King and Frederick the Great.
- Author(s)Nancy Mitford
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication29/04/1976
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date27/05/2009
- Weight133 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Most relevant reviews
- annejellieca12 Oct, 2016by
Book club read
I bought this book for myself and others in our book group. We all loved that journey back to the 1930's, family, love & loss
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.90Trending at £7.15
- £2.00Trending at £3.84
- £21.95Trending at £22.74
- £4.02Trending at £4.41
- £2.57Trending at £2.85
- £4.99Trending at £9.77
- £2.50Trending at £2.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.