All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUtterly beautiful. Profoundly disconcerting. Quantum theory is quite simply the most successful account of the physical universe ever devised. The pursuit of its implications has been the driving motivation of physicists for 100 years. Jim Baggott traces the story, the personalities and the rivalries, through 40 turning-point moments.
- Author BiographyJim Baggott is a freelance science writer. He was a lecturer in chemistry at the University of Reading but left to work with Shell International Petroleum Company and then as an independent business consultant and trainer. His many books include Origins: The Scientific Story of Creation (OUP, 2015), Higgs: The Invention and Discovery of the 'God Particle' (OUP, 2012), and A Beginner's Guide to Reality (Penguin, 2005).
- Author(s)Jim Baggott
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication04/04/2016
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleOxford Landmark Science
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2016
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content NoteTwo 8pp black and white plate sectionn, 26 black and white line drawings
- Weight674 g
- Width160 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine38 mm
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.00Trending at £22.57
- £23.72Trending at £26.09
- £40.35Trending at £41.08
- £30.00Trending at £42.97
- £20.65Trending at £21.59
- £37.00Trending at £40.49
- £30.11Trending at £32.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.