Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.08Trending at £10.98
- £26.45Trending at £27.77
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.29
- £18.09Trending at £19.20
- £15.21Trending at £18.61
- £13.83Trending at £19.88
About this product
- DescriptionA text on the quantum theory of magnetism. It uses Green's function techniques extensively and discusses the application of the mean-field approximation and dipole-dipole interactions in one, two and three dimensions. A total of 60 exercises have also been included.
- Author BiographyNorberto Majlis graduated with a BSc in Physics from the University of Buenos Aires in Argentina and obtained a PhD in mathematical physics from the University of Birmingham in England. He was previously an associate professor at the National University of La Plata in Argentina, the University of Chile at Santiago in Chile, and the Federal University of Pernambuco and the Federal Fluminense University in Brazil, and also held the position of Visiting Professor at the International School for Advanced Studies in Trieste and Scuola Normale Superiore in Pisa, Italy. Currently a Visiting Professor at the Physics Department of McGill University in Montreal, Canada, he has performed theoretical research work on the electronic structure of semiconductors, the theory of chemisorption and the magnetism of surfaces, amongst other subjects.
- Author(s)Norberto Majlis
- PublisherWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
- Date of Publication02/01/2001
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
- Weight726 g
- Width161 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.