All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Philipp Gonon
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication01/07/2009
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleStudies in Vocational and Continuing Education
- Series Part/Volume Number9
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2009
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Weight400 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
- Table Of ContentsContents: The Pedagogue Georg Kerschensteiner: A Brief Biography - The German Concept of Bildung and School Reform in the 19th Century - Joy in Work - Germany's Educational Debates in the Industrial Age - Georg Kerschensteiner's Concept of the `Arbeitsschule' - A Plea for Work as a Foundation for Education - Kerschensteiner as the `Pestalozzi of Our Time' - A Pedagogical Hero and His Tragedy - School Reform and Pragmatism: John Dewey's Ambiguous Impact on Modernisation in Germany - Education as Self-guidance - Max Weber's Alternative to Liberal Education - Georg Simmel's Discourse of Life and Form as a Blueprint for Georg Kerschensteiner's Theory of Education - Apprenticeship, Vocational Education and the Rise of the Dual System - Efficiency and Vocationalism as Structuring Principles of Vocation-oriented Education in the USA - The Development of Vocational Pedagogy in Germany.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Philipp Gonon is a Swiss educationalist with his main research focus on vocational education. He studied Pedagogy at the University of Zurich (Switzerland) and at the Technical University of Berlin. From 1999 until 2004, Gonon was appointed as Full Professor at the Chair of Vocational Education at the University of Trier (Germany). Since 2004, he has been holding the Chair of VET and Teacher Training at the University of Zurich. Gonon's main research areas are the German educationalist Georg Kerschensteiner, the relationship of school and occupation, and European educational reforms.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £10.30Trending at £10.51
- £22.57Trending at £23.39
- £3.60Trending at £6.98
- £6.29Trending at £10.14
- £9.97Trending at £12.08
- £7.12Trending at £8.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.