Best-selling in Short Stories & Anthologies
Save on Short Stories & Anthologies
- £9.52Trending at £11.98
- £5.00Trending at £5.80
- £13.98Trending at £19.99
- £7.40Trending at £9.94
- £9.87Trending at £14.99
- £7.57Trending at £9.99
- £8.42Trending at £9.99
About this product
- DescriptionThese seven stories, set in the rural South and West, delve beneath the surface of ordinary lives, revealing their foibles and idiosyncracies. For example, an old deaf woman is kidnapped by a stranger whom she takes to the devil, and a money-grubbing man meets a woman no less hard than himself.
- Author BiographyCecil Dawkins, a native of Birmingham, Alabama, now lives in New Mexico. In addition to The Quiet Enemy, she is the author of two novels, The Live Goat and Charleyhorse, and a play, The Displaced Person, which is based on stories by Flannery O'Connor. Her stories have appeared in the Georgia Review, Paris Review, Sewanee Review, and other literary magazines.
- Author(s)Cecil Dawkins
- PublisherUniversity of Georgia Press
- Date of Publication30/09/1995
- Language(s)English, Multiple languages
- GenreShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Series TitleBrown Thrasher Books
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Georgia Press
- Width127 mm
- Height204 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.