All listings for this product
Best-selling in Religion & Beliefs
Save on Religion & Beliefs
- £69.50Trending at £109.37
- £12.53Trending at £14.81
- £6.26Trending at £6.51
- £4.95Trending at £7.99
- £16.53Trending at £18.99
- £6.44Trending at £8.98
- £9.56Trending at £11.86
About this product
- DescriptionExploring the elements of reality in early modern witchcraft and popular magic, through a combination of detailed archival research and broad-ranging interdisciplinary analyses, this book complements and challenges existing scholarship, and offers unique insights into this murky aspect of early modern history.
- Author BiographyEDWARD BEVER received his Ph.D. in History from Princeton University in 1983, USA. He was a software developer specializing in historical simulations before taking his present position as Professor of History at SUNY Old Westbury in 1997. He has published a book on African history and a number of articles on witchcraft and magic in Early Modern Europe.
- PrizesShort-listed for Katharine Briggs Folklore Award 2009.
- Author(s)Edward Bever
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication01/05/2008
- GenreAlternative Belief Systems
- Series TitlePalgrave Historical Studies in Witchcraft and Magic
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content NoteXX, 627 p.
- Weight968 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.