All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £8.27Trending at £9.13
- £9.60Trending at £9.75
- £12.17Trending at £13.32
- £6.36Trending at £6.92
- £9.91Trending at £10.06
- £11.41Trending at £14.47
- £11.51Trending at £15.74
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication26/11/2012
- GenrePsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleAdvances in Experimental Medicine and Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number99
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight793 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byRobert S. Fitzgerald
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1978
- Table Of ContentsSection I:The Influence of Sleep and Anesthesia.- Section I:The Influence of Sleep and Anesthesia.- Regional Effects of Nembutal Anesthesia on Brainstem Respiratory Neurones .- Effects of Anesthesia on Activity Patterns of Respiratory Neurones .- Rate of Rise of Inspiration at Various Levels of CNS Excitability .- Breathing During Sleep in Man in Normal and Pathological Conditions .- Regulation of the Activity of Respiratory Muscles During Sleep .- Electric Activity of Cat Respiratory Muscles During Sleep .- Ventilatory Responses Mediated by Peripheral Chemoreceptors in Anaesthetized Man .- Effects of Sleep on the Pattern of C02 Stimulated Breathing in Males and Females .- Breath-to-Breath Control of Ventilation in Normal Infants During Sleep .- Effects of Anesthesia on Breathing Pattern .- Interaction Between the Mechanical Properties of the Respiratory System and Drive in the Control of Breathing of Anesthetized Man .- The Effects of Fentanyl and Thiopental on Breathing in Man .- Effects of Anesthesia and Muscle Paralysis on the Mechanics of the Respiratory System .- Apneic Threshold in Intra-Operative Anesthesia .- Mouth Occlusion Pressure and EMG of the Diaphragm in the Waking and Sleeping States .- Section II:The Influence of Brain Acid-Base Environment.- Section II:The Influence of Brain Acid-Base Environment.- Interaction of Humoral Ventilatory Stimuli at High Altitude .- Carotid Chemoreceptor Role in CSF Alkalosis at Altitude .- Interaction Between PC02 and Plasma [HCO3-]in Regulation of CSF [HCO3-] in Respiratory Alkalosis and Metabolic Acidosis .- O2 Sensitive, Local Regulation of CSF H+ Activity .- Three Compartments Model for the Bicarbonate Exchange of the Brain Extracellular Fluid with Blood and Cells .- The Role of Chloride and Other Anions in Cerebrospinal Fluid Bicarbonate Regulation .- Depressant Effect of Ammonia on the Ventilatory Response to Hypoxia and Hypercapnia .- Section III:The Influence of Peripheral Input.- Section III:The Influence of Peripheral Input.- Slow pH Changes in Blood Plasma Following C02 Exchange .- Delayed pH Equilibration in Blood During Carbonic Anhydrase Inhibition .- Pulmonary Carbonic Anhydrase and the Release of Carbon Dioxide from Plasma Bicarbonate .- Aortic Nerve Chemoreceptors are Sensitive to Changes in PaC02 .- The Effects of Changes in Arterial Pressure on Sinus Nerve Efferent Activity .- Chemical Stimulation of Rapidly Adapting Receptors in the Airways .- Comparison of the Effects of Histamine and Prostaglandin on Afferent C-Fiber Endings and Irritant Receptors in the Intrapulmonary Airways .- Stretch Receptors of the Trachea .- A Comparison of the Effects of Steady-State and Progressive Hypoxia on the Ventilatory and Frequency Response .- The Different Respiratory Effects of Inspiratory and Expiratory Stimulations of the Carotid Sinus Nerve and Carotid Body .- Carotid Arterial Blood Gas Oscillations and the Phase of the Respiratory Cycle During Exercise in Man: Testing a Model .- Significance of Peripheral Chemoreceptor Response and Adaptation in the Regulation of Breathing .- Ventilatory Control Characteristics of Conditions Resulting in Isocapnic Hyperpnea .- Section IV:The Influence of Central Interaction.- Section IV:The Influence of Central Interaction.- Central Mechanisms Controlling Expiratory Duration .- Termination of Inspiration Through Graded Inhibition of Inspiratory Activity .- Some Effects of Graded Changes in Central Chemoceptor Input by Local Temperature Changes on the Ventral Surface of Medulla .- The Central Multiplicative Interaction of PO2 and PCO2 on Ventilation .- The Effects of Inhalation of Carbon Monoxide on Some Aspects of Neuromechanical Ventilatory Control .- Effects of Increased Respiratory Controller Gain During Hypoxia and Hypercapnia on Periodic Breathing in Cats .- List of Contributors.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.