All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.64Trending at £8.97
- £4.36Trending at £4.56
- £9.51Trending at £10.07
- £8.79Trending at £12.98
- £2.81Trending at £4.00
- £8.89Trending at £10.38
- £6.35Trending at £7.98
About this product
- DescriptionShows that traditionalism and modernity reinforce each other among the priests at the Minakshi Temple. This book also shows that the priests have become more 'professional' and modern-minded while also insisting on the legitimacy of tradition. It concludes by critiquing the analysis of modernity and tradition in social science.
- Author BiographyC. J. Fuller is Professor of Anthropology at the London School of Economics and Political Science. His books include The Camphor Flame (Princeton) and Servants of the Goddess .
- Author(s)C. J. Fuller
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication03/11/2003
- GenreNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note4 line illus. 4 tables.
- Weight342 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.