All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLong regarded as the most accurate rendering of Plato's Republic that has yet been published, this widely acclaimed work is the first strictly literal translation of a timeless classic. In addition to the annotated text, there is also a rich and valuable essay,as well as indices,which will better enable the reader to approach the heart of Plato's intention. This new edition includes a new introduction by acclaimed critic Adam Kirsch, setting the work in its intellectual context for a new generation of readers.
- Author BiographyAllan Bloom, 1930-1992, was a professor of social thought at the University of Chicago. He was the author of many books, including the number one bestseller The Closing of the American Mind.Adam Kirsch is a poet and critic whose work appears regularly in the New York Review of Books, New Yorker, Tablet, and other publications. The author of three books of poems and several books of criticism and biography, Kirsch lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Adam Kirsch,Allan Bloom
- PublisherINGRAM PUBLISHER SERVICES US
- Date of Publication17/11/2016
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintBasic Books
- Weight666 g
- Width233 mm
- Height159 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byAdam Kirsch,Allan Bloom
- Translated byAdam Kirsch,Allan Bloom
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition Statement3rd edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.45Trending at £4.83
- £25.99Trending at £30.99
- £22.29Trending at £22.68
- £0.99Trending at £6.29
- £10.30Trending at £10.47
- £16.61Trending at £16.82
- £14.50Trending at £20.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.