Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.83Trending at £6.15
- £6.82Trending at £7.31
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £14.94Trending at £18.98
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.20
- £25.99Trending at £28.69
About this product
- DescriptionInterrogates the thinking, policies and practices that underpin the educational role of the museum. This book unravels the complex relationship of museums with their publics, and discusses the challenges and the debates that have resulted. It analyses the implications of audience development and broadening public access.
- Author BiographyCaroline Lang is Learning Centre Project Manager at the Victoria and Albert Museum, UK, and also works as a museum consultant. She was Senior Policy Adviser for Access and Audience Development at The Museums Libraries and Archives Council (formerly Resource) from 1999 to 2003 managing their first cross-domain disability, cultural diversity and social inclusion programmes. John Reeve was Head of Education at the British Museum 1982-2003. He is a Visiting Fellow at the Institute of Education, London University, UK, where he teaches on the MA in Museums, Galleries and Education. John is also vice-chair of the Group for Education in Museums. He has published on Japanese art and world religions, as well as on many aspects of museology and education. He also works as a museum consultant and trainer in the UK and abroad. Vicky Woollard is Senior Lecturer in the Department of Cultural Policy and Management at City University, London, UK. She is Programme director for the MA Museum and Gallery Management, with particular interest in Education in the Cultural Sector. Vicky has had 18 years experience as an Education Officer in 3 London Museums before becoming a consultant.
- Author(s)Caroline Lang,John Reeve
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/09/2006
- GenreLibrary & Information Science
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight706 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byVicky Woollard
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.