All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive and expertly illustrated history of the Lenox, a 70-gun third rate of Charles II's Navy.
- Author BiographyRichard Endsor is an engineer by profession, but has devoted considerable time to researching seventeenth-century ships, the Lenox project taking twelve years to complete. Richard is a trustee of the Nautical Museum Trust and is a member of the Society for Nautical Research. He has had numerous articles published in Mariner's Mirror and is also an accomplished artist, having exhibited at the RSMA exhibition. He also lectures widely on maritime topics.
- Author(s)Richard Endsor
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/07/2009
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note250 colour and duotone
- Weight1 g
- Width253 mm
- Height300 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Most relevant reviews
- bookfan4826 Mar, 2012by
Well written insight into the navy of Charles II.
This book is so much more than a description of the building and history of the Lennox. It is an insight into the way the Navy of Charles II worked, and the difficulties in running and maintaining it. Some of the shipbuilding terms were unknown to me, but were nearly all explained in the text. The building of the Lennox was covered in detail, but was made easier to understand by very clear drawings of the ship in different stages of construction. Highly recommended to any one with an interest in the navy of the later Stuarts.
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £4.95Trending at £6.98
- £10.97Trending at £12.38
- £12.83Trending at £19.89
- £4.06Trending at £7.30
- £8.44Trending at £15.99
- £6.78Trending at £12.99
- £42.13Trending at £66.03