All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA chance encounter with a friend from the past sparks a desire to unearth a deep and long buried secret of adoption - one that proves to have resounding and far reaching effects upon all the families concerned.
- Author BiographyJudy Astley was frequently told off for day-dreaming at her drearily traditional school but has found it to be the ideal training for becoming a writer. There were several false-starts to her career: secretary at an all-male Oxford college (sacked for undisclosable reasons), at an airline (decided, after a crash and a hijacking, that she was safer elsewhere) and as a dress designer (quit before anyone noticed she was adapting Vogue patterns). She spent some years as a parent and as a painter before sensing that the day was approaching when she'd have to go out and get a Proper Job. With a nagging certainty that she was temperamentally unemployable, and desperate to avoid office coffee, having to wear tights every day and missing out on sunny days on Cornish beaches with her daughters, she wrote her first novel, Just for the Summer. She has now had eleven novels published by Black Swan.
- Author(s)Judy Astley
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/1999
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlack Swan
- Weight196 g
- Width127 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.70Trending at £4.84
- £4.66Trending at £4.82
- £4.66Trending at £4.78
- £4.44Trending at £4.50
- £4.77Trending at £4.94
- £4.59Trending at £5.58
- £4.69Trending at £5.83
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.