CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £11.95Trending at £17.51
- £19.33Trending at £24.98
- £8.84Trending at £12.99
- £6.76Trending at £12.09
- £12.58Trending at £18.95
- £14.54Trending at £17.45
- £6.78Trending at £12.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume reproduces key historical texts concerning 'colonial knowledges'. The use of the adjective 'colonial' indicates that knowledge is shaped by power relationships, while the use of the plural form, 'knowledges' indicates the emphasis in this collection is on an interplay between different, often competing, cognitive systems.
- Author BiographySaul Dubow is Professor of African History at Queen Mary, University of London. He is the author of several books about modern South Africa which deal with ideas and knowledge, including A Commonwealth of Knowledge. Science, Sensibility and White South Africa 1820-2000 (Oxford, 2006); Scientific Racism in Modern South Africa (Cambridge, 1995), and an edited volume Science and Society in Southern Africa (Manchester, 2000). He is currently completing a New History of Apartheid for Oxford University Press.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication05/07/2013
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleThe Rise and Fall of Modern Empires
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. II
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Weight1394 g
- Width169 mm
- Height244 mm
- Edited bySaul Dubow
- Series Edited byProfessor Philippa Levine
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.