All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA significantly expanded new edition of this practical guide to rock physics and geophysical interpretation for reservoir geophysicists and engineers.
- Author BiographyGary Mavko received his Ph.D. in geophysics from Stanford University in 1977 where he is now Professor (Research) of Geophysics. Professor Mavko co-directs the Stanford Rock Physics and Borehole Geophysics Project (SRB), a group of approximately 25 researchers working on problems related to wave propagation in earth materials. Professor Mavko is also a co-author of Quantitative Seismic Interpretation (Cambridge, 2005), and has been an invited instructor for numerous industry courses on rock physics for seismic reservoir characterization. He received the Honorary Membership award from the Society of Exploration Geophysicists in 2001, and was the SEG Distinguished Lecturer in 2006. Tapan Mukerji received his Ph.D. in Geophysics from Stanford University in 1995 and is now an Associate Professor (Research) in Energy Resources Engineering and a member of the Stanford Rock Physics Project at Stanford University. Professor Mukerji co-directs the Stanford Center for Reservoir Forecasting (SCRF) focussing on problems related to uncertainty and data integration for reservoir modeling. His research interests include wave propagation and statistical rock physics, and he specializes in applied rock physics and geostatistical methods for seismic reservoir characterization, fracture detection, 4-D monitoring, and shallow subsurface environmental applications. Professor Mukerji is also a co-author of Quantitative Seismic Interpretation, and has taught numerous industry courses. He received the Karcher award from the Society of Exploration Geophysicists in 2000. Jack Dvorkin received his Ph.D. in Continuum Mechanics in 1980 from Moscow University in the USSR. He has worked in the petroleum industry in the USSR and USA and is currently a Senior Research Scientist with the Stanford Rock Physics Project at Stanford University. Dr Dvorkin has been an invited instructor for numerous industry courses throughout the world, on rock physics and quantitative seismic interpretation. He is a member of American Geophysical Union, Society of Exploration Geophysicists, American Association of Petroleum Geologists, and the Society of Petroleum Engineers.
- Author(s)Gary Mavko,Jack Dvorkin,Tapan Mukerji
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2009
- GenreEarth Sciences
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note28 tables
- Weight1200 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £17.84
- £14.84Trending at £16.99
- £24.99Trending at £42.46
- £6.48Trending at £7.19
- £6.07Trending at £6.25
- £12.49Trending at £14.88
- £24.94Trending at £28.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.