Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £25.67Trending at £27.16
- £134.20Trending at £159.83
- £7.27Trending at £7.69
- £43.13Trending at £45.95
- £56.66Trending at £59.79
- £8.20Trending at £8.86
- £10.33Trending at £14.97
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume explores the latest research findings in the genetics of breast and reproductive cancers, covering their epidemiology and etiology, the effect of environment on genes and cancer etiology, and the potential for development of preventative measures.
- Author BiographyPiri L. Welcsh, PhD is a Research Assistant Professor in the Department of Medicine, Division of Medical Genetics at the University of Washington. She received her PhD in Molecular Genetics from The Ohio State University. It was during this time that the seminal paper in which Dr. Mary-Claire King demonstrated that a single gene on chromosome 17, later known as BRCA1, was responsible for many breast and ovarian cancers was published. During Postdoctoral studies at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, Dr. Welcsh worked under the guidance of Dr. Anne M. Bowcock and collaborated with Drs. Mary-Claire King and Francis Collins in an attempt to clone BRCA1. Shortly after the gene encoding BRCA1 was identified, Dr. Welcsh joined the research group of Dr. King at the University of Washington where she conducted studies designed to elucidate the biological function of BRCA1. She is currently an independent investigator whose current research goals include the identification and characterization of both genetic and epigenetic mechanisms critical to the development of breast and ovarian cancer.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication25/02/2012
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleCancer Genetics
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note27 Tables, black and white; 27 Illustrations, black and white; XIV, 344 p. 27 illus.
- Weight551 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byPiri Welcsh
- Edition Statement2010 ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.