All listings for this product
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.09
- £9.10Trending at £9.22
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £10.46Trending at £14.17
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
- £18.09Trending at £19.30
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/10/2014
- GenreLaw: General & Reference
- Series TitleRoutledge Philosophy Companions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight1088 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edited byAndrei Marmor
- Table Of ContentsTable of Contents Preface 1. Theories About the Nature of Law 1.1. The Nature of Law: An Introduction Andrei Marmor 1.2 Natural Law Theory: Its Past and Its Present John Finnis 1.3 Legal Positivism: Early Foundations Gerald J. Postema 1.4 Legal Positivism: Contemporary Debates Julie Dickson 1.5 The Authority of Law Scott Hershovitz 1.6 Obligations, Interpretivism, and the Legal Point of View Nicos Stavropoulos 2. Legal Reasoning 2.1. Vagueness and the Law Scott Soames 2.2 Legal Interpretation Timothy Endicott 2.3 Precedent Frederick Schauer 3. Theories of Legal Areas 3.1. Criminal Law 3.1.1. The Justification of Punishment Mitchell N. Berman 3.1.2 Wrongness and Criminalization Victor Tadros 3.1.3 The Voluntary Act Requirement Gideon Yaffe 3.1.4 Criminal Attempts R. A. Duff 3.1.5 The Insanity Defense Gary Watson 3.1.6 Self-Defense Larry Alexander 3.2. Contract 3.2.1 Are Contracts Promises? Seana Valentine Shiffrin 3.3. Torts 3.3.1. Proximate Causation in the Law of Torts Benjamin C. Zipursky 3.4 Property 3.4.1 Private Property Daniel Attas 3.4.2 Taxation, Redistribution and Property Rights Peter Vallentyne 3.5 Family 3.5.1 The Pursuit of Intimacy and Parental Rights Scott Altman 3.6 Evidence 3.6.1 Is It Finally Time to Put 'Proof Beyond a Reasonable Doubt' Out to Pasture? Larry Laudan 3.7 International Law 3.7.1 International Law and Global Justice Michael Blake 3.7.2 Human Rights John Tasioulas 3.7.3 The Morality and Law of War Seth Lazar 3.7.4 The Legitimacy of International Institutions Thomas Christiano 3.8 Environmental Law 3.8.1 Environmental Ethics, Future Generations and Environmental Law Clark Wolf 3.9 Constitutionalism 3.9.1 Constitutional Interpretation Wilfrid J. Waluchow 3.9.2 Judicial Review of Legislation Jeremy Waldron 4. Law as a Coercive Order 4.1 Coercion William A. Edmundson 4.2 Paternalism Douglas Husak 4.3 Enforcing Morality A.P. Simester 4.4 The Rule of Law Grant Lamond 5. Moral Obligations to Law 51. The Moral Obligation to Obey the Law George Klosko 5.2. Conscientious Objection and Civil Disobedience Kimberley Brownlee 5.3 Law, Loyalty and Citizenship Meir Dan-Cohen 6. Rights and Equality 6.1 Some Questions About Rights Christopher Morris 6.2 Discrimination and Equality Kasper Lippert-Rasmussen 6.3 Privacy Judith Wagner DeCew 6.4 Freedom of Speech Alon Harel
- Author BiographyAndrei Marmor is Professor of Philosophy and Maurice Jones Jr. Professor of Law at the University of Southern California.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.