Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £2.41Trending at £3.92
- £8.66Trending at £8.82
- £12.06Trending at £12.26
- £7.27Trending at £9.98
- £7.19Trending at £9.97
- £7.33Trending at £7.74
- £7.25Trending at £8.99
About this product
- DescriptionPresents an overview of the history and study of science fiction. This book outlines major writers, movements, and texts in the genre. It is for those interested in the history of science fiction and the way it is taught and studied.
- Author BiographyMark Bould is Reader in Film and Literature at the University of the West of England. Co-editor of Science Fiction Film and Television, his books include Film Noir (2005), Parietal Games (2005) and The Cinema of John Sayles (2008), Neo-noir (2009) and Red Planets (2009). Andrew M. Butler is Senior Lecturer in Media and Cultural Studies at Canterbury Christ Church University. The editor of An Unofficial Companion to the Novels of Terry Pratchett (2007) and Christopher Priest: The Interaction (2005), he has also written Pocket Essentials on Philip K. Dick (2000, 2007), Cyberpunk (2000), Terry Pratchett (2001), Film Studies (2002, 2005, 2008), and Postmodernism (2003). He co-edits Extrapolation. Adam Roberts is Professor of Nineteenth-Century Literature at Royal Holloway, University of London, and the author of Science Fiction (2000) and The History of Science Fiction (2006). His most recent sf novels are Gradisil (2006), Land of the Headless (2007), Splinter (2007) and Swiftly (2008). Sherryl Vint is Assistant Professor of English at Brock University. She is the author of Bodies of Tomorrow (2007) and is currently completing Animal Alterity: Science Fiction and the Question of the Animal. She co-edits Extrapolation, Science Fiction Film and Television, and Humanimalia.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/01/2009
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleRoutledge Literature Companions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight1133 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byAdam Roberts,Andrew M. Butler,Mark Bould,Sherryl Vint
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.