All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.66Trending at £9.24
- £23.12Trending at £34.89
- £24.19Trending at £25.12
- £6.49Trending at £6.67
- £6.59Trending at £9.95
- £25.99Trending at £28.42
- £17.16Trending at £22.70
About this product
- DescriptionThis Royal Ballet Organiser is a handbag size notebook which includes some endpapers with evocative black and white photographs and early colour photographs from the early years.
- Author BiographyBased at the Royal Opera House in London's Covent Garden, THE ROYAL BALLET, led by Director Kevin O'Hare, is Britain's largest ballet company. The Royal Ballet owes its existence to the vision of Dame Ninette de Valois, dancer, choreographer and entrepreneur, who assembled a small company and school, the Vic-Wells Ballet, and, in 1931 persuaded Lilian Baylis to provide it with a home at the Sadler's Wells Theatre in North London (the Company also performed at the Old Vic Theatre, hence its original name). They remained at Sadler's Wells Theatre until 1939 and spent the war years touring widely in Great Britain and, to a lesser extent, in Europe, performing for the Allied troops. Immediately afterwards, in February 1946, they transferred to the Royal Opera House. In 1956, to mark its 25th anniversary, the name The Royal Ballet was granted by Royal Charter. The Company has a wide-ranging repertory showcasing the great classical ballets, heritage works including those of Founder Choreographer Frederick Ashton and Kenneth MacMillan, as well as new works by the foremost choreographers of today. Access is a key issue for the Company and its work is seen not just at the Royal Opera House but via televised and cinematic performances, outdoor Big Screen performances, international touring and through the work of the Company's Education Department.
- Author(s)Royal Ballet
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication03/10/2013
- GenreUnclassifiable: WZ BIC
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Content Note8 black and white photographs
- Weight259 g
- Width130 mm
- Height185 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsFlexible plastic/vinyl cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.