Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.81Trending at £18.19
- £9.59Trending at £9.79
- £16.29Trending at £19.14
- £4.51Trending at £7.10
- £6.89Trending at £10.04
- £4.48Trending at £4.77
- £7.21Trending at £7.65
About this product
- DescriptionAn inter-disciplinary and international handbook dealing with one of the central themes of social science, edited by two of the leading academics in race and ethnic studies.
- Author BiographyPatricia Hill Collins is a Professor of Sociology at the University of Maryland, US. Professor Solomos joined the Department of Sociology at City in 2001 as Professor of Sociology, having previously worked at Aston University, Warwick University, Birkbeck College, Southampton University and London Southbank University. His teaching is focused on the sociology of race and racism, sociological theory, human rights and social theory, qualitative research methods and multiculturalism and citizenship. He has supervised a wide range of PhD students in both his own areas of research interest and in other fields of sociology. He welcomes the opportunity to work with PhD students and is interested to receive informal inquiries from prospective research students. He is currently supervising students working on a range of issues, including migration and refugees, minority families and social capital, Turkish-speaking youth in London and Cuban music and popular culture. He serves on the Strategic Research Board of the Economic and Social Research Council. He is also active in the administration of the Department of Sociology and the School of Social Sciences at City. He is joint editor with Martin Bulmer of the international journal Ethnic and Racial Studies, published 12 times a year by Routledge.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication17/05/2010
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1157 g
- Width184 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byJohn Solomos,Patricia Hill Collins
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.