Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.04
- £9.22Trending at £10.95
- £24.56Trending at £25.99
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.76
- £28.00Trending at £30.19
- £15.72Trending at £15.91
About this product
- DescriptionThere is increased research in the applications of flavonoids as nutraceuticals and pharmaceuticals as well as on their roles as signal molecules within plants and between plants and other organisms. This book provides an overview of the science of flavonoids in plants, detailing both research and applications.
- Author BiographyDr. Grotewold is an Associate Professor of Plant Biology at The Ohio State University. He received his Ph.D from the Instituto de Ingenieria Genetics y Bologia Molecular, University of Buenos Aires, Argentina in 1988. His research focuses on Regulation of Gene Expression; Function and Evolution of Myb Proteins; Plant Metabolic Engineering. Combining molecular, cellular, biochemical and genetic approaches, his laboratory investigates fundamental questions regarding the mechanisms by which plants control gene expression, and how transcription factors have impacted plant evolution and speciation. He has started to develop regulatory networks in Arabidopsis that should help explain how the 28,000+ Arabidopsis genes are expressed. In addition, he is utilizing his extensive knowledge on transcription factors for plant metabolic engineering.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication07/12/2007
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note56 black & white illustrations, 13 colour illustrations, 12 black & white tables, biography
- Weight450 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byErich Grotewold
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.