All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPerhaps more than any other cause, the passage of texts from scroll to codex in late antiquity converted the Roman Empire from paganism to Christianity and enabled the worldwide spread of Christian faith. Guy Stroumsa describes how canonical scripture was established and how its interpretation replaced blood sacrifice in religious ritual.
- Author BiographyGuy G. Stroumsa is Martin Buber Professor Emeritus of Comparative Religion at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem and Professor Emeritus of the Study of the Abrahamic Religions at University of Oxford.
- Author(s)Guy G. Stroumsa
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication14/11/2016
- GenreChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard University Press
- Width235 mm
- Height156 mm
Best-selling in History & Military
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.