Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £5.39Trending at £6.43
- £11.28Trending at £13.93
- £9.12Trending at £12.94
- £9.60Trending at £9.68
- £15.50Trending at £18.95
- £13.65Trending at £14.06
- £18.71Trending at £20.39
About this product
- DescriptionTranslation of: Bijo to wa nani ka: nitchau bijin no bunkashi / Chao Kyao. -- Tokyo: Shobunsha, 2001. -- 464, x, p.: ill.; 20 cm.
- Author BiographyCho Kyo is professor of comparative culture and literature in the School of Global Japanese Studies at Meiji University, Japan and a guest professor at the International Research Center for Japanese Studies (Nichibunken). Among his recent publications are The Pitfall in Cultural Understanding (Ibunka rikai no otoshiana), Crossing the Border: A New Aspect of Modern Japanese Literature (Umi wo koeru Nihon bungaku), A Cultural History of Emotion in Chinese Literature and Culture (Jo no bunkashi), and Glimpses of East Asian Literature and Culture (Ajia wo yomu). He also serves as a regular book reviewer for the Mainichi. Kyoko Iriye Selden (1936-2013) was coeditor of More Stories by Japanese Women Writers: An Anthology, the sequel to Japanese Women Writers: Twentieth Century Short Fiction. Her other translations included Honda Katsuichi's Harukor: An Ainu Woman's Tale, Kayano Shigeru's Our Land Was a Forest, and The Atomic Bomb: Voices from Hiroshima and Nagasaki. She taught Japanese language at Cornell University until her retirement.
- Author(s)Cho Kyo
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication12/10/2012
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleAsia/Pacific/Perspectives
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Weight644 g
- Width161 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Translated byKyoko Iriye Selden
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.