All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJohn Ford's masterpiece The Searchers (1956) was rated fifth greatest film of all time in Sight and Sound's poll of critics. Its influence on many of America's most distinguished contemporary filmmakers - among them Martin Scorsese, Paul Schrader, and John Milius - is enormous. This book provides a commentary on various aspects of the film.
- Author(s)Edward Buscombe
- PublisherBritish Film Institute
- Date of Publication01/09/2000
- GenreFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleBFI Film Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBFI Publishing
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Width135 mm
- Height190 mm
- Edition Statement2000 ed.
Most relevant reviews
- fatmanbat4510 May, 2016by
BFI Brilliant Film Introduction
A classic ! Both the film & this little book ! One of the best examinations of a film ever set down. Makes you enjoy the film even more.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £5.05Trending at £6.25
- £4.74Trending at £4.98
- £28.00Trending at £33.99
- £24.08Trending at £37.94
- £24.88Trending at £39.88
- £42.41Trending at £65.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.