All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGerald O'Collins explores the full scope of the positive teaching by the Second Vatican Council (1962-65) on other living faiths, illustrating how the Council made a startling advance in official Catholic teaching and how this teaching was borne out in the work of Pope John Paul II and Jacques Dupuis.
- Author BiographyAustralian-born Gerald O'Collins, SJ, AC, took his PhD at the University of Cambridge and taught at the Gregorian University (Rome) from 1973 to 2006, where he was also Dean of the Faculty of Theology (1985-91). He has written or co-written sixty published books (including Rethinking Fundamental Theology, Jesus Our Priest, and Salvation for All), authored hundreds of articles in professional and popular journals, and lectured at many universities and colleges in the UK, Ireland, USA, India, New Zealand, his native Australia, and elsewhere. As well as receiving numerous doctorates and other honorary awards, in 2006 he was created a Companion of the General Division of the Order of Australia (AC), the highest civil honour granted through the Australian government.
- Author(s)Gerald O'Collins
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication04/12/2014
- GenreChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight276 g
- Width142 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine12 mm
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £13.46Trending at £17.99
- £32.33Trending at £34.08
- £13.79Trending at £19.95
- £13.99Trending at £20.99
- £23.44Trending at £39.99
- £9.70Trending at £10.23
- £9.45Trending at £12.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.