All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £24.50Trending at £31.38
- £9.41Trending at £17.05
- £9.50Trending at £16.51
- £9.53Trending at £14.96
- £7.60Trending at £9.98
- £18.98Trending at £29.94
- £8.00Trending at £9.57
About this product
- DescriptionThe seer (mantis), an expert in the art of divination, operated in ancient Greek society through a combination of charismatic inspiration and diverse skills. This book enters into the socioreligious world of ancient Greece to explore what seers did, why they were widely employed, and how their craft served as a viable and useful social practice.
- Author BiographyMichael Flower is Senior Research Scholar at Princeton University and editor, in collaboration with John Marincola, of Herodotus, Histories, Book IX, author of Theopompus of Chios: History and Rhetoric in the Fourth Century B.C., and editor, with Mark Toher, of Georgica: Greek Studies in Honour of George Cawkwell.
- Author(s)Michael Flower
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication24/03/2009
- GenreAlternative Belief Systems
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note19 b/w photographs
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.