All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Steve Tkalcevich
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication12/08/2015
- Series TitleBest Practices and Advances in Program Management Series
- Series Part/Volume Number21
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note24 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white tables
- Weight385 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Table Of ContentsWhat Got You Here Will Not Work Now Preparing for Your Leadership Role Understanding Your Organizational Structure Far Reaching Area of Responsibility Upper Reporting Relationship with Management Horizontal Relationships Core Accountabilities Is Hierarchy the Problem? The Hierarchical Solution Horizontal or Flat Organizational Structures The Six Bases of Power Understanding Expectations Managerial Relationships Hidden Key Players in the Organization Power Struggles Gatekeepers DNA of the Organization Common Organizational Functions Causes of Communications Breakdown Gaining Influence through Volunteering How to Make a Meaningful Contribution Presentation Skills Delegating Tasks Being a Leader Being a Team Player Coaching Volunteers Post Volunteering Building Your Coalition Preparation and First Steps How to be a Politician The Three Resources in Politics Coalition Stalemates Levels of Participation within a Coalition Challenges Faced in Coalitions Typical Problems for Many Coalitions Attributes and Achievements of Successful Coalitions How to Effectively Host a Meeting with Coalition Mitigating Disagreements Gaining Influence Defining Your Goals and Priorities Becoming Strategic Ethics in Influencing Others Meeting Potential Allies Know Your Audience's World Organizational Currencies The Modern Influencer Four Things Really Persuasive People Do Influence Styles Conclusion Leadership Perceptions for Those without Authority The Impact of Leadership Perception Style and Use of Power Analysis of 360 Feedback Perception vs. Reality Establishing Followership for Leaders without Authority Cross-Cultural Variations in Leadership Perception Leadership and Self-Perception Charisma Authority The Followers View of a Leader without Authority Conclusion Conclusion What Are the Next Steps?
- Author BiographySteve Tkalcevich earned an MBA specializing in leadership from the University of Liverpool. He holds the PMP(R) designation from the Project Management Institute (PMI), Master Certificate in Six Sigma from Villanova University, and has a diploma in Microcomputer Management from Humber College in Toronto, Canada. Tkalcevich has been working in the information technology sector since 2000. For the last several years he has been working for various web software development firms in project management roles. Prior to working in project management, Tkalcevich worked in information technology management for a leading wholesale firm in Canada. He was technical support supervisor for an Internet service provider and information technology consultant, which he started his career in.
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £18.99Trending at £19.31
- £45.12Trending at £47.49
- £12.16Trending at £15.88
- £8.33Trending at £9.99
- £13.11Trending at £13.59
- £12.86Trending at £16.88
- £10.00Trending at £11.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.