Consider these sponsored items
- £10.15Was:£12.95Free postage
- £13.16Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Sean B. Carroll
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication07/03/2017
- GenrePopular Science
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note26 halftones. 18 line illus. 1 map.
- Weight340 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Edition StatementWith a new Q&A with the author edition with a New Q&A with the author
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction: Miracles and Wonder 1 I EVERYTHING IS REGULATED 13 1 The Wisdom of the Body 15 2 The Economy of Nature 30 II THE LOGIC OF LIFE 47 3 General Rules of Regulation 51 4 Fat, Feedback, and a Miracle Fungus 73 5 Stuck Accelerators and Broken Brakes 89 III THE SERENGETI RULES 107 6 Some Animals Are More Equal than Others 111 7 Serengeti Logic 129 8 Another Kind of Cancer 155 9 Take 60 Million Walleye and Call Us in 10 Years 169 10 Resurrection 183 Afterword: Rules to Live By 202 Acknowledgments 215 Notes 217 Bibliography 239 Index 253 A Conversation with Sean B. Carroll 265
- Author BiographySean B. Carroll is an award-winning scientist, writer, educator, and executive producer. He is vice president for science education at the Howard Hughes Medical Institute and professor of molecular biology and genetics at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. His books include Endless Forms Most Beautiful, Brave Genius, and Remarkable Creatures, which was a finalist for the National Book Award for nonfiction.
- PrizesShort-listed for Nature.com's Top 20 Books for 2016 2016 and Financial Times (FT.com) Best Science Books of 2016, chosen by Clive Cookson 2016.
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £82.99Trending at £88.53
- £22.26Trending at £26.09
- £21.45Trending at £24.83
- £4.39Trending at £5.99
- £27.12Trending at £29.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.