All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExamines the basis of story telling in literature, film, and libretto. This book provides an answer to the riddle of whether there are only a small number of 'basic stories' in the world. Using many examples, it shows that there are seven archetypal themes.The author then leads us through the changes in the nature of storytelling.
- Author BiographyOver the past 40 years Christopher Booker has established a reputation as one of Britain's most original writers and journalists. The founding editor of Private Eye, his previous books have ranged from The Neophiliacs to The Great Deception (Continuum 2003).
- Author(s)Christopher Booker
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication10/11/2005
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Most relevant reviews
- 9312margaret04 Nov, 2013by
Great packed with so much interest
This was recommended to me by a tutor as an extra read as part of my writer's course. It is an excellent read. There are just so many things in there I find it hard to pick some out for this review. I would say read it yourself as it is well worth it. At first I thought it wasn't my sort of book, but keep an open mind, it really is worth it. I was hooked on it but I cannot explain why, it just seemed to cover many topics and make it easier to understand.
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £11.59Trending at £15.00
- £6.19Trending at £6.48
- £8.43Trending at £11.68
- £9.41Trending at £9.99
- £9.51Trending at £10.99
- £7.76Trending at £8.55
- £6.71Trending at £8.99