All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis stunningly illustrated book describes how NASA is planning a seventh landing on the Moon. The book reveals the very latest strategies for how we'll get to the Moon, what we know today, what we want to find out, and what life on the Moon will be like.
- Author BiographyArtist/writer Michael Carroll's 20 years as a science journalist have left him well-connected in the planetary science community. For The Seventh Landing project, he has contacts with Lockheed/Martin (contractor for the Orion spacecraft and Ares launch vehicles), Johnson Spaceflight Center, NASA/Ames (overseeing the Mars portion of the Constellation architecture) and other technicians and engineers involved in projects as diverse as the early Mercury and Gemini programs to the ISS. He is a Fellow of the International Association for the Astronomical Arts, and has written articles and books on topics ranging from space to archeology. His articles have appeared in Popular Science, Astronomy, Sky and Telescope, Astronomy Now (UK), and a host of children's magazines. His latest book, Alien Volcanoes, is due out through Johns Hopkins University Press in fall of 2007. Carroll has done commissioned artwork for NASA and the Jet Propulsion Laboratory. His art has appeared in several hundred magazines throughout the world, including National Geographic, Time, Smithsonian, Astronomy, and others. One of his paintings was flown aboard Russia's MIR space station. Carroll is the 2006 recipient of the Lucien Rudaux Award for lifetime achievement in the Astronomical Arts.
- Author(s)Michael Carroll
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/08/2009
- GenreOther Specific Technologies
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note75 Illustrations, color; 10 Illustrations, black and white; XVI, 200 p. 85 illus., 75 illus. in color.
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
Save on Engineering & Technology
- £44.45Trending at £50.94
- £35.99Trending at £48.19
- £27.44Trending at £28.52
- £108.12Trending at £157.49
- £14.41Trending at £16.03
- £10.18Trending at £12.22
- £11.85Trending at £16.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.