All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA guide to buying, adjusting, using, and repairing sextants. It includes a list of distributors, manufacturers, and dealers worldwide, a discussion of various trends, and hints, including sighting with eyeglasses and using a Rude starfinder.
- Author BiographyCmdr. Bruce A. Bauer, USN (ret.), is a professional navigator and master mariner with the U.S. Merchant Marine. He presently commands a Navy research vessel sailing between the United States and the Caribbean islands and recently commanded the ship that was successful in relocating the historic sunken submarine Monitor off Cape Hatteras. A former destroyer captain, Cmdr. Bauer has taught radar and been a senior instructor for the Master Mates and Pilots School of Advanced Studies and also served as the commander of the Naval Research Lab at Chesapeake Beach, Maryland. In addition to The Sextant Handbook, Cmdr. Bauer has written articles on the subject of marine sextants for Cruising World and SAIL magazines. He lives with his artist wife, Nancy, on the shores of the Chesapeake in Deale, Maryland.
- Author(s)Bruce A. Bauer
- PublisherInternational Marine Publishing Co
- Date of Publication01/02/1995
- GenreShips & Waterways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationRockport, ME
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInternational Marine Publishing Co
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight279 g
- Width157 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Most relevant reviews
- rosa789vela14 Jun, 2017by
"Peccato che è scritto solo in inglese"
Obvously it is not a vademecum of sextant maker but so like is is enaf to desume what mean to ha a sextant and in cetain cases how it can be repared "
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.68Trending at £3.80
- £12.88Trending at £16.19
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £9.97Trending at £10.37
- £8.24Trending at £11.34
- £61.04Trending at £83.99
- £8.95Trending at £15.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.