All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £12.31Trending at £13.94
- £11.95Trending at £17.51
- £12.31Trending at £13.93
- £13.77Trending at £20.01
- £31.88Trending at £36.35
- £6.76Trending at £12.09
- £6.78Trending at £13.00
About this product
- DescriptionCovering both history and literature, Greece and Rome, this title features studies that range from the real nature of Athenian society to poets as diverse as Sappho and Juvenal, and all of them, without laboring any parallels, make the ancient world immediately relevant to our own.
- Author BiographyPeter Green is Dougherty Centennial Professor Emeritus of Classics at the University of Texas at Austin and Adjunct Professor of Classics at the University of Iowa. He is the author of many books, including Alexander of Macedon, 356-323 B.C.: A Historical Biography (California, 1991) and Alexander to Actium: The Historical Evolution of the Hellenistic Age (California, 1990). His translations include Ovid's The Poems of Exile: Tristia and the Black Sea Letters (California, 2005), Juvenal's The Sixteen Satires (third edition, 1998), and Apollonios Rhodios's The Argonautika: The Story of Jason and the Quest for the Golden Fleece (California, 1997).
- Author(s)Peter Green
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2008
- GenreAncient History
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.