All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £24.50Trending at £31.39
- £24.31Trending at £34.99
- £9.41Trending at £16.98
- £9.53Trending at £14.98
- £7.60Trending at £9.98
- £18.98Trending at £29.99
- £11.55Trending at £14.99
About this product
- DescriptionAn ambitious, original book describing a century of Europe coping with America: its inventions, personalities, films, armies, business, and politics. These decades reveal how much emotional energy Europeans invested in finding their own ways to reconcile tradition and modernity under the pressure of the ever-evolving American challenge.
- Author BiographyDavid Ellwood is Senior Adjunct Professor of European and Eurasian Studies at The Johns Hopkins University's Paul H Nitze School of Advanced International Studies, Bologna. His first major book was Italy 1943-1945: The Politics of Liberation (1985) then came Rebuilding Europe: Western Europe, America and Postwar Reconstruction (1992). The fundamental theme of his research - the function of American power in contemporary European history - has shifted over the years to emphasise cultural power, particularly that of the American cinema industry. He was President of the International Association of Media and History 1999-2004 and a Fellow of the Rothermere America Institute, Oxford, in 2006.
- Author(s)David Ellwood
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication05/05/2016
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleOxford History of Modern Europe
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight770 g
- Width140 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine31 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.