All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is the sixth sense? Is it physical, mental or spiritual? Do we all possess it or is it unique to exceptional individuals? Might there be a seventh sense and an eighth sense as well?This title explores the cultural contexts which give rise to such reports of 'psychic' and other powers that exceed the ordinary bounds of sense.
- Author BiographyDavid Howes is Professor of Anthropology at Concordia University and the general editor of the Sensory Formations series from Berg. He is the author of Sensual Relations: Engaging the Senses in Culture and Social Theory, co-author (with Constance Classen and Anthony Synnott) of Aroma: The Cultural History of Smell, and editor of Empire of the Senses: The Sensual Culture Reader, among other works.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/10/2009
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleSensory Formations
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerg Publishers
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight580 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byDavid Howes
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.97
- £4.79Trending at £6.98
- £25.99Trending at £26.34
- £22.58Trending at £23.39
- £10.30Trending at £10.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £6.12Trending at £10.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.