All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.45Trending at £4.85
- £25.99Trending at £26.47
- £22.29Trending at £22.72
- £2.81Trending at £2.86
- £10.30Trending at £10.54
- £16.61Trending at £16.87
- £14.50Trending at £20.00
About this product
- DescriptionExposes the disturbing phenomenon of human trafficking and slavery that exists in the United States. This title weaves together a wealth of voices - from slaves, slaveholders, and traffickers as well as from counselors, law enforcement officers, rescue and support groups, and others.
- Author BiographyKevin Bales is the author of Ending Slavery and Disposable People, both from UC Press. He is also Co-Founder of Free the Slaves, Washington DC, and Professor of Contemporary Slavery at the WIlberforce Institute for the Study of Slavery and Emancipation at the University of Hull. He is the world's leading expert on contemporary slavery. Ron Soodalter, historian, folklorist, and lecturer, is the author of Hanging Captain Gordon: The Life and Trial of an American Slave Trader, as well as articles on the historic and modern slave trade, the Civil War, and the American West. A respected Lincolnian scholar, he serves on the Board of the Abraham Lincoln Institute.
- Author(s)Kevin Bales,Ron Soodalter
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication23/08/2010
- GenreCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.