Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £5.49Trending at £9.99
- £34.99Trending at £37.78
- £5.06Trending at £6.00
- £8.30Trending at £15.98
- £9.66Trending at £14.59
- £8.84Trending at £12.99
- £7.75Trending at £7.98
About this product
- DescriptionPublished in 1967, The Slave Ship Wanderer details the journey of the elegant yacht that was used to secretly land a cargo of 400 enslaved Africans off the coast of Jekyll Island, Georgia, in 1859. In tracing the story of the Wanderer, Wells provides insight into the heated political and social climate of the South on the verge of secession.
- Author BiographyTom Henderson Wells (1917-1971) served more than twenty-five years in the Navy and received the Bronze Star in the Korean War. He is the author of numerous books including Commodore Moore and the Texas Navy and The Confederate Navy: A Study in Organization.
- Author(s)Tom Henderson Wells
- PublisherUniversity of Georgia Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2009
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Georgia Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, black and white
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.