All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStalingrad, 1942. The sniper's mission: Aim. Shoot. Kill. But this sniper is no ordinary marksman.
- Author BiographyJames Riordan travelled the world collecting folktales and published over thirty volumes of tales from different countries. The Twelve Labours of Hercules won the UK Reading Association Award 1998. He was Emeritus Professor at the University of Surry and Visiting Professor at the University of Worcester, as well as holding honorary degrees from Birmingham, London, Moscow and Grenoble. He regularly reviewed children's books for The Times., and his autobiography, Comrade Jim: the spy who played for Spartak, was published in 2008 by Fourth Estate. He also wrote ten novels for young people. His first, Sweet Clarinet, won the NASEN award in 1999 and was nominated for the Whitbread Prize in 1998. Match of Death won the South Lanarkshire Book Award in 2004, and The Gift was nominated for the NASEN award in 2006. He published a novel on slavery, Rebel Cargo, with Frances Lincoln in 2007. James Riordan died in 2012.
- Author(s)James Riordan
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication14/11/2008
- GenreChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Childrens Books
- Out-of-print date23/02/2016
- Weight227 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 10
Best-selling in Children's General Interest
Save on Children's General Interest
- £3.65Trending at £3.96
- £10.84Trending at £12.00
- £5.19Trending at £6.11
- £4.72Trending at £5.45
- £11.13Trending at £13.31
- £4.69Trending at £4.96
- £21.59Trending at £30.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.