Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.96Trending at £18.19
- £21.69Trending at £24.78
- £4.34Trending at £4.44
- £23.93Trending at £24.42
- £8.01Trending at £12.13
- £9.09Trending at £9.24
- £5.52Trending at £6.63
About this product
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication18/01/1994
- GenreScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight766 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byJr.,William R. Shadish
- Table Of ContentsPreface. Contributors. I. INTRODUCTION, BACKGROUND, AND OVERVIEW. 1. Social Psychology of Science: A Conceptual and Research Program, Shadish, Fuller, Gorman, Amabile, Kruglanski, Rosenthal, and Rosenwein. 2. The Social Psychology of Scientific Validity: An Epistemological Perspective and a Personalized History, Campbell. 3. The Social Psychology of Scientific Knowledge: Another Strong Programme, Fuller. II. SOCIAL PSYCHOLOGICAL CONTRIBUTIONS TO SCIENCE STUDIES. 4. Toward an Experimental Social Psychology of Science: Preliminary Results and Reflexive Observations, Gorman. 5. The Social-Cognitive Bases of Scientific Knowledge, Kruglanski. 6. On Being One's Own Case Study: Experimenter Effects in Behavioral Research - 30 Years Later, Rosenthal. 7. Meta-analysis and Some Science-Compromising Problems of Social Psychology, Miller and Pollock. 8. Social Influence in Science: Agreement and Dissent in Achieving Scientific Consensus, Rosenwein. 9. Scientists' Responses to Ethical Issues in Research, Sieber. 10. Characterizing Niches and Strata in Science by Tracing Differences in Cognitive Styles Distribution, Wilkes. 11. The Atmosphere of Pure Work : Creativity in Research and Development, Amabile. 12. Thinking by Groups, Organizations and Networks: A Sociologist's View of the Social Psychology of Science and Technology, Westrum. III. DISCUSSION. 13. Making Scientific Knowledge a Social Psychological Problem, Turner. 14. On the Social Psychology of Science, Tweney. 15. Social Psychology and Science Studies: More Commonality of Purpose than Metatheory, Cook. 16. Editor's Epilogue: Some Reflections, Shadish and Fuller. IV. FOR FURTHER READING. 17. A Guide to the Philosophy and Sociology of Science for Social Psychology of Science, Fuller. 18. Social Psychology Readings Relevant to Science: An Annotated Reading List, Kruglanski. 19. Social Psychology and Science Studies, Lawless. Author Index. Subject Index.
- Author BiographyWilliam R. Shadish, PhD, Memphis State University Steve Fuller, PhD, University of Pittsburgh.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.