All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFirst published in 1958, Society of Captives contained a study of the maximum security prison, which questioned the extent to which prisons can succeed in their attempts to control every facet of life. Featuring a new introduction by Bruce Western, this title aims to serve as a text for those coming to terms with the nature of modern power.
- Author BiographyGresham M. Sykes is Professor of Sociology Emeritus at the University of Virginia. He is the author of many books, including Social Problems in America and Crime and Society , and the coauthor of Criminology .
- Author(s)Gresham M. Sykes
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication12/03/2007
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Weight257 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Introduction byBruce Western
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.20
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
- £18.99Trending at £33.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.