CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £8.13Trending at £9.68
- £26.30Trending at £27.79
- £7.47Trending at £7.71
- £8.23Trending at £11.99
- £8.30Trending at £8.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis bookinvestigates the acquisition of sociolinguistic variation by immersion students who have learnt their second language primarily in an educational context. The student's mastery of sociolinguistic competence is measured in relation to a range of phonetic, lexical and grammatical variants and to the factors that influence such mastery.
- Author BiographyRaymond Mougeon received a PhD in linguistics from McGill University. He received numerous research grants from CanadaaEURO(t)s Social Science and Humanities Research Council and the Ontario Ministry of Education. He has written extensively on topics such as the diachrony of variation in European French, variation in the spoken French of Franco-Ontarian students and immersion students and aspects of the ethno-linguistic vitality of OntarioaEURO(t)s francophone community. He is current director of the Centre for Research on Language Contact on the Glendon campus of York University. Terry Nadasdi obtained a PhD in French linguistics from the University of Toronto. His research focuses on grammatical variation in French-English language contact situations, e.g.: minority language speakers and learners of French as a second language. His research also involves the creation of online grammar checkers for English and French (e.g.: www.bonpatron.com). He is currently a Full Professor in the University of AlbertaaEURO(t)s Linguistics Department. Katherine Rehner received a PhD in Second Language Education from the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE) at the University of Toronto. Her research and publications centre on the development of sociolinguistic competence by first and second language speakers of French and on the role of educational input in the development of such competence. She is currently an Assistant Professor in the Linguistics and the Teaching and Learning programs in the Department of Language Studies at the University of Toronto, Mississauga.
- Author(s)Katherine Rehner,Raymond Mougeon,Terry Nadasdi
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/2010
- Series TitleSecond Language Acquisition
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 47
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMultilingual Matters
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight371 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.