All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- £54.99Trending at £59.98
- £7.66Trending at £9.02
- £9.73Trending at £12.37
- £17.97Trending at £20.35
- £4.99Trending at £5.98
- £7.70Trending at £10.02
- £5.35Trending at £5.86
About this product
- DescriptionThis major new contribution to the study of consumption examines how dominant groups express and display their sense of superiority through material and aesthetic attributes, demonstrating that differences from one society to another, and across historical periods, challenge current understandings of elite distinction.
- Author BiographyJEAN-PASCAL DALOZ Research Professor at the University of Strasbourg (CNRS/GSPE), France, and Senior Associate Member of the Maison Francaise and of the Department of Politics at the University of Oxford, UK. He is also President of the Research Committee on Comparative Sociology of the International Sociological Association. He has published 12 books to date, including the bestselling Africa Works: Disorder as Political Instrument (co-authored).
- Author(s)Jean-Pascal Daloz
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication18/11/2009
- GenreSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Social Sciences
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight426 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.