All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe third in a trilogy of books by Richard van Emden this is the complete story of the British effort in Picardy, from their first arrival in 1915 to the end of the campaign. Approx 150 never-before-published images of the campaign taken by the men who fought.
- Author BiographyRICHARD VAN EMDEN graduated from Newcastle University in 1988, and obtained an MA from Reading University in the following year. After working as a journalist he became a freelance writer and researcher. Having worked on several historically-based television series, he wrote his first book, Tickled to Death to Go which he has followed up with several highly acclaimed and commercially successful titles, including Britain's Last Tommies, Boy Soldiers, The Last Fighting Tommy, The Quick and the Dead, Meeting the Enemy and Tommy's Ark.
- Author(s)Richard Van Emden
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication30/03/2016
- GenreMilitary History
- Place of PublicationSouth Yorkshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPen & Sword Military
- Content Note100 illustrations
Most relevant reviews
- helens4822 Aug, 2016by
Sad but true life
Bought this for my Hubby who hasn't read it yet. Book in fantastic condition and delighted to have a signed one. The author is very interesting to listen too aswell.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £4.95Trending at £6.98
- £16.82Trending at £23.98
- £4.06Trending at £7.25
- £13.95Trending at £19.09
- £8.44Trending at £16.04
- £4.95Trending at £8.58
- £5.46Trending at £9.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.