The Son Also Rises: Surnames and the History of Social Mobility by Gregory Clark (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £15.62Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by cobalttiger
- See details for delivery est.
- £9.93Free P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by better_world_books_uk
- Est. delivery by 1 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUsing a novel technique - tracking family names over generations to measure social mobility across countries and periods, this book reveals that mobility rates are lower than conventionally estimated, do not vary across societies, and are resistant to social policies.
- Author BiographyGregory Clark is professor of economics at the University of California, Davis.
- PrizesWinner of Gyorgy Ranki Prize, Economic History Association 2015. Commended for PROSE Award in Economics, Association of American Publishers 2015. Short-listed for Choice 's Outstanding Academic Titles 2014 and Vox 's Best Books We Read 2014.
- Author(s)Gregory Clark
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication18/02/2014
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleThe Princeton Economic History of the Western World
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note15 halftones. 111 line illus. 50 tables. 7 maps.
- Weight652 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.69Trending at £3.79
- £19.15Trending at £19.99
- £12.88Trending at £16.15
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £10.09Trending at £10.44
- £23.68Trending at £25.07
- £11.10Trending at £14.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.